Blog #7

 As a reading interventionist, I found creating multimedia slides for each letter to be beneficial for students struggling to learn letter sounds. Today, with two of my tier III groups, I focused on only one letter (the letter B) and did different activities specific to that letter only.  I added links to songs, letter sounds, and handwriting.  I will try this for the entire week. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFz9V_BEG4







The concerns I have for using multimedia assignments with my students is the amount of time I have with them each day.  Since the students I teach need the additional support in both reading and writing, I find my time with them is best sent with traditional practice. I use multisensory activities so that students use all of their modalities.  Today, we made the letter Bb out of playdough and traced the letter Bb on cross stitch plastic. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #3 RDNG 654