Blog #8

As an elementary reading interventionist, I don't think using social media with my students is applicable at this time.  I teach reading intervention to students in kindergarten to fifth grade and only have them for about thirty minutes a day.  We are so busy in that time; I don't see adding social media as a benefit.  

My classroom management won't change as I begin to integrate some technology into my daily routine.  The highest group of kids I have all day is four.  We sit together at a table so it is easy to monitor what they do.

At first, I didn't see the benefits of integrating technology into my already busy thirty minutes.  That being said, my thoughts have began to shift a little.  The students I have in my Tier III group definitely need extra practice on the skills we are working on.  When I began thinking about what to do for my final project, I decided to try making something that would benefit these students.  The majority of my day is spent teaching letter sounds so I thought incorporating something with letter sounds would be helpful.  We have begun to use the Google Slides I created this week.  The kids are having fun singing along to the alphabet and getting additional practice while becoming better readers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #3 RDNG 654